Friday, May 27, 2011

Boho doesn't have to be cluttered...

I'm a serious stickler for the IKEA look, like the clean lines, laquered white finish, it must be the viking in me. But, I also LOVE colour, patterns, textures, and I'm kind of a collecter. So where do I meet in the middle on this one... Having that crisp minimalism look but not throwing all my beach rocks and wooden buttons to the curb?




I already live in a garden cottage, maybe I should just flow with it and bring the outdoors in? With driftwood side tables, hemp carpet and loads of mix-n-match materials?



Or, do I paint my whole house in neutrals and accent with each collectable? Like gluing my buttons to framed mirrors and hanging them in clusters, and putting everything else in KOTTEBO baskets and lining my walls in EXPIDIT shelves?


Either way I have a summer project. I'm also going to tackle re-finishing all the wood furniture I have to match in similar tones, keeping them au natural and showcasing my vintage hardware.  I'm re-covering my dining room chairs, and sewing pillows like a mad woman.





No comments:

Post a Comment